GAVC Student Activity Fund Scholarship, Dave Potts Memorial, and Rival 5 Scholarship
DUE Monday, March 4th, 2022
The Grundy Area Vocational Center Student Activity Fund and Rival 5 Scholarship Fund, in order to demonstrate their continuing desire to be of service to their community, wish to show their concern by establishing multiple TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLAR AND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIPS.
In order to honor the memory of former Director Dave Potts, ONE additional ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP will be awarded to the top applicant.
The scholarships are intended to help deserving high school graduates pursue their goals in life.
The scholarship money is for post-high school education, as long as it is provided by a junior college, 4-year institution or technical/trade school.
It is not intended that the scholarship money be repaid or otherwise constitute a debt of any kind.
United States Citizenship - Applicants must be either natural-born, or naturalized citizens, as determined by the United States Immigration Service for Legal Citizenship.
Residency - Students must be legal residents of their respective school districts and have been enrolled in and attended the Grundy Area Vocational Center for one year immediately prior to the year of the scholarship award.
1. Applications for this award must be submitted online, (including all required documentation), by the due date.
2. Each applicant must submit with this application a seven (7) semester transcript demonstrating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale.
3. A letter is also needed from the student's guidance counselor stating their eligibility for graduation. If the above mentioned transcript does not have the student's seven semester attendance on it, then the attendance should be included in the letter from his/her counselor or in one of the other formats listed here: Morris High School students - See your guidance counselor for a letter stating your absences for the current school year, Minooka High School - See Brooke Brenczewski for attendance records, Coal City High School - See Andrea Huston for attendance records.
4. One (1) letter of recommendation must be submitted with this application.
5. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
6. Applicants must have displayed sound personal traits and leadership qualities in school, work, and outside activities. Additionally, financial need will be considered.
7. Although not required, preference will be given to applicants who have attended GAVC for two years, who have demonstrated good attendance during their high school career and those involved in GAVC student organization activities.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD ELIGIBILITY:
1. Recipient must enroll in and attend as a full-time undergraduate student at a post-secondary educational institution.
2. Scholarship award payments will not be made until the student can provide documentary evidence of being registered in a post-secondary educational institution.
3. Award dollars shall be made payable directly to the student's junior college, 4-year institution, business, technical / trade school (cashier or bursar's office).