Sheriff James Olson Memorial Scholarship




The Sheriff James Olson Memorial Fund, in order to demonstrate their continuing desire to be of service to their community, wish to show their concern by establishing ONE (1) FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP. The scholarship to be provided, is intended to help a deserving high school graduate pursue their goal in life. The scholarship money is for post-high school education, for a Criminal Justice student who is majoring in Criminal Justice in either a 2-year or 4-year institution. It is not intended that the scholarship money be repaid or otherwise constitute a debt of any kind.



United States Citizenship - Applicants must be either natural-born, or naturalized citizens, as determined by the United States Immigration Service for legal Citizenship. Residency - Students must be legal residents of their respective school districts and have been enrolled in and attended the Grundy Area Vocational Center for one year immediately prior to the year of the scholarship award.



1. Applications for this award must be turned in to the Grundy Area Vocational Center Guidance Department.

2. Each applicant needs to submit a seven (7) semester transcript which also has attendance on it. A letter is also needed from the student's guidance / counselor stating their eligibility for graduation. If the transcript does not have the student's attendance on it, then the attendance should be included in the letter from their counselor.

3. Applicants must have displayed sound personal traits and leadership qualities in school, work, and outside activities. Additionally, financial need will be considered.

4. One (1) Letter of recommendation to be submitted with this application.



1. Recipient must enroll and attend as a full-time undergraduate student at a post-secondary educational institution.

2. Scholarship award payments will not be made until the student can provide documentary evidence of being registered as a full-time student in a post-secondary educational institution.

3. Award dollars shall be made payable directly to the student's junior college, 4-year institution, business, technical / trade school (cashier or bursar's office).


Application can be found at the link below.