Morris Police Benevolent Society Scholarship
The Morris Police Benevolent Society, in order to demonstrate their continuing desire to be of service to their community, wish to show their concern by establishing ONE (1) FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR SCHOLARSHIP. The scholarship to be provided is intended to help a deserving high school graduate pursue their goal in life. The scholarship money is for post-high school education for a Morris resident and graduate of the Morris Community High School, who is majoring in Criminal Justice or other related field in a two-year or four-year institution. It is not intended that the scholarship money be repaid or otherwise constitute a debt of any kind.
United States Citizenship – Applicants must be either natural-born or naturalized citizens, as determined by the United States Immigration Service for legal citizenship.
Residency – Applicant must be legal residents of the city of Morris and a graduate, or future graduate, of the Morris Community High School.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications must be turned in no later than March 30 to the Criminal Justice instructor at the Grundy Area Vocational School if enrolled in the Criminal Justice program, or a school counselor at the Morris Community High School.
- Each applicant needs to submit a seven (7) semester transcript and attendance record. A letter is also needed from the student’s guidance counselor stating their eligibility for graduation.
- Applicants must have displayed sound personal traits and leadership qualities in school, work, and outside activities. Additionally, financial need will be considered.
- One (1) letter of recommendation is also required to be submitted.
- The recipient must enroll and attend as a full-time undergraduate student at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Scholarship award payment will not be made until the student can provide documentary evidence of being registered as a full-time student in a post-secondary educational institution.
- Award dollars shall be made payable directly to the student’s post-secondary educational institution.